How to ripen a watermelon? Watermelons, believe it or not, are vegetables that belong to the cucumber and squash families. Regardless of what you name them, watermelons are second only to tomatoes in terms of lycopene content in the home garden. This article will feature steps on how to ripen a watermelon.
How to ripen a watermelon
Lycopene is an antioxidant that lowers the risk of a variety of illnesses, including cancer and heart disease. So go ahead and eat some watermelon and get the rewards. However, if your watermelon isn’t ripe, this may be tough. While it’s ideal to let the watermelon mature in the field, you do have one last option if you need to speed things up.
Allow the watermelon to mature naturally on the vine. The bottom of a watermelon, where it lies on the ground, is the best sign that it is ripe. It can’t be green or white, and it has to be cream or yellow. A pale green hue between the stripes, a dry and curved tendril, a smooth rind, and round edges are all indicators that watermelon is ripe.
In a paper bag, wrap a plucked, unripe watermelon. If you unintentionally got a melon that appears to be ripe, this may help it ripen.
It should be kept at room temperature rather than in the refrigerator. Check the watermelon every few days to see whether it has matured.
The sweet, juicy watermelon, scientific name Citrullus lanatus is almost synonymous with summer, but it may be relished all year in warmer regions of the nation. Whether you cultivate your own watermelon or purchase one at a grocery store or farmer’s market, the key to getting the most out of this lusciously refreshing delicacy is to choose one that is at its sweetest.
Watermelons, unlike cantaloupes and certain other fruits, do not continue to ripen after being plucked. Instead of bright green, it should be a creamy golden. The skin should be a bit dull rather than shiny, rough rather than smooth, and difficult to pierce with your fingernail rather than impenetrable. Pick up a few melons at a time with your hands.
Pick up a few melons at a time with your hands. You may also thump the watermelon to see whether it sounds ripe, but unless you’re acquainted with the sound of a ripe watermelon, this won’t tell you anything. If you leave it much longer, it will begin to degrade and have an unpleasant texture.
We hope this article on how to ripen a watermelon was a good read!
More Interesting Articles
- 11 Science-Backed Nutrition Health Benefits of Eating Pumpkin
- 12 Nutritional Value Benefits of Bell Peppers for Improved Heath
- 12 Nutritional Benefits of Organic Pear For Conscious People
- 10 Great Health and Nutrition Benefits of Eating Oranges Everyday
- 9 Proven Benefits of Eating Kiwis with Health and Nutrition Facts
- 9 Surprising Benefits of Eating Lettuce for Health and Nutrition
- 9 Awesome Benefits of Eating Tomatoes For Health and Nutrition
- 7 Eating Eggs Everyday Benefits If You Desire a Healthy Life
- 11 Great Benefits of Eating Pecans You Should Start From Today
- Undeniable Health Benefits of 5 Berries with Higher Nutrition
- List of 8 Healthy Nuts for Weight Loss You Should Try From Today
- 8 Awesome Reasons Why are Brazil Nuts Good for You
- How to Ripen An Avocado in the Microwave?
- How Ripe Should Bananas be for Banana Bread?
- How to Tell if Butternut Squash is Ripe Perfectly?
- How Do You Know When An Avocado Is Ripe?
- How to Tell If An Avocado Is Ready to Eat?
- How to Know When An Avocado is Ripe?
- How Long Does It Take for A Mango to Ripen?
- How to Tell If An Avo is Ripe and Ready?
how to tell ripe watermelon
how to pick a ripe watermelon
how to tell if a watermelon is ripe on the vine
how long does it take for a watermelon to ripen
how to ripen watermelon after cutting
how to know ripe watermelon
how to tell when a watermelon is ripe on the vine
how can you tell if a melon is ripe
how to know a ripe watermelon
how to see if watermelon is ripe
how to select a ripe watermelon
how to pick a ripe melon
how long for watermelon to ripen
how can you tell when a melon is ripe
how do you ripen a watermelon
how to make watermelon ripen faster
how to buy a ripe watermelon
how long does a watermelon take to ripen
how long does it take for watermelon to ripen
how do you know when a watermelon is ripe on the vine
how to ripen a cut watermelon
how do u tell if a watermelon is ripe
how to test watermelon ripeness
how to tell when your watermelon is ripe
how many days for watermelon to ripen
how do u know when watermelon is ripe
how do you know when a watermelon is ripe to pick
how long for a watermelon to ripen
how to pick a ripe watermelon at the store
how long does it take watermelon to ripen
how to buy ripe watermelon
how long do watermelons take to ripen
how to ripen watermelon after picking
how know watermelon ripe
how can you tell a melon is ripe
how to pick a ripe watermelon at the grocery store
how to know when a watermelon is ripe on the vine
how do you tell if a watermelon is ripe on the vine
how to tell a ripe melon
how to tell your watermelon is ripe
how to get ripe watermelon
how to watermelon ripe
how to tell when a watermelon is ripe to pick
how to find out if a watermelon is ripe
how to tell when watermelons are ripe on the vine
how to ripen a watermelon after its cut
how to make a watermelon ripe
how to test if watermelon is ripe
how to know if watermelon ripe